Telephone: 020 7465 4300
Fax: 020 7465 4329
Address: 10 New Square Lincoln's Inn London WC2A 3QG
Ben advises on all aspects of family law including: children, divorce/civil partnership, co-habitation, pre/post nuptial agreements, complex financial disputes and jurisdictional issues. He has dealt with a number of cases involving the relocation of children and on matters involving same-sex parents. A significant number of his cases have an international element.
Cases of interest include:
- Work v Gray (Court of Appeal)  EWCA Civ 270
- X v X  EWHC 3512 (Fam): considering whether a previous judgment should remain anonymised
- X v X (application for a financial remedies order)  EWHC 1995 (Fam)
- Work v Gray (Phase II: Computation and Distribution)  EWHC 562
- Work v Gray  EWHC 834 (Fam)
- Chai v Khoo (aka Peng)  EWHC 1519 (Fam)
Ben read law at Merton College, Oxford; trained at Mishcon de Reya and joined Payne Hicks Beach on qualification.
Between 2009 and 2013 Ben delivered a legal aid and legal skills training project at the National University of Rwanda. This project has now been incorporated within the work of Cherie Blair’s Africa Justice Foundation. When able, he assists/advises students at BBP Law School’s Pro Bono Clinic (Family).
Qualified 2008, joined Payne Hicks Beach 2008, promoted to associate 2015.