International Tax & Trusts
Individuals and bodies with complex international investment and business interests want to be sure of obtaining the best legal advice, which combines excellent technical expertise with up to date understanding of current tax planning strategies.
We act for a substantial number of non-UK resident or domiciled individuals in addition to our UK based clients. We also act for offshore trust companies and provide advice on structures and tax implications in many jurisdictions, co-ordinating effectively with advisers outside the UK.
We give clear and practical advice on:
- Residence and domicile and tax planning for non-residents or non-domiciliaries
- International tax treaties, in respect of tax residence and liability to taxation of income, capital gains and inheritances
- UK legal and tax issues facing trustees and beneficiaries of overseas trusts
- The implications for investors or businessmen coming into the UK or doing business in the UK
- Tax issues on leaving the UK
- Complex international business issues.
We can also introduce suitable offshore trustees.