The firm wishes to recruit a Corporate Solicitor to join the Corporate Department and work alongside the existing team.
The individual will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Working with colleagues on the full range of corporate related transactions (including share and business sales and purchases, joint ventures, reorganisations, shareholder and investment agreements and fund raisings).
- The focus of the work is transactional, but there is also a requirement to undertake a range commercial and banking work, including lending and security documents, terms and conditions and supply and distribution agreements.
- Showing a solid understanding and technical knowledge of company law.
- An ability to work independently.
- Effective communication with clients and other members of the team.
- Providing corporate support to other Departments in the firm.
- Ensuring client matters are progressed effectively.
- Managing a varied caseload and being flexible to changing demands.
The Corporate Department
The Corporate Department comprises three partners, two solicitors and a trainee solicitor. It acts on a wide range of corporate transactional and commercial work, across a variety of sectors. The bulk of its clients are private companies owned and run by HNWs, families and entrepreneurs, a number of them being very substantial multinational businesses, but it also acts for some listed companies.
The ideal candidate should have experience gained in a practice with a recognised corporate department and should be able to demonstrate commercial awareness.
- Excellent people skills and a good, clear communication style.
- Effective team player.
- Be able to prioritise work, to work under pressure and to meet demanding deadlines.
- Be adaptable to the different types of clients and type of work that the team acts for.
- A commercial and pragmatic outlook.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent academic record.
- Strong research and drafting skills.
- Ability to keep abreast with changes in legislation and market developments.
Payne Hicks Beach LLP is a 41 partner firm of solicitors based in offices in central London. In total, the firm comprises about 190 people. The firm provides specialist legal services to private and commercial clients.
Our offices are located at 10 New Square, Lincoln’s Inn, one of the finest squares in London, a building which the firm has occupied since 1770.
More information about the Departments and the work of the firm may be found on our website, the address of which is www.phb.co.uk
|Salary:||Dependent on PQE|
|Other benefits:||4x Life Assurance|
|Permanent Health Insurance|
|Medical Insurance (after 1 year qualifying period)|
|BUPA Cashplan (after 1 year qualifying period)|
|BUPA Health Assessment (after 1 year qualifying period)|
|Pension Scheme. The firms contributes to a Personal Pension Plan|
|Interest free season ticket loan after 3 months|
|Cycle to Work Scheme|