The firm is looking to recruit an experienced HR Advisor to support the HR Manager.
The successful candidate will be the first point of contact for all generalist HR issues within the firm.
- Advising partners/managers on recruitment and selection strategies
- Advising on staff development
- Partnering with line managers to review employee relations, performance management, resourcing and staff management
- Managing staff relationships, responding to any queries or problems that they have and managing their expectations
- Engaging in HR projects, which may include lead on key initiatives
- Updating and maintaining the HR Information System data (ADP), including producing reports and statistics
- Handling HR matters reliably and in accordance with legal requirements
- Dealing with various HR queries throughout the firm
- Supporting the HR manager with various capability investigations, including grievance and disciplinary
- Knowledge of relevant HR policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the best practice on recruitment and selection.
- Experience in interpreting, advising and implementing such agreements and procedures.
- Excellent administration and organisational skills.
- The ability to communicate with people at all levels.
- Research and analysis skills.
- In-depth knowledge of recruitment law, and pro-activity to stay up-to-date with the latest developments.
- Conflict management and problem solving.
- Excellent listening skills.
- A minimum of five years’ experience working in HR capacity (ideally within a professional service environment), with at least two year at advisor level.
- Proven experience of managing employee relation matters.
- A good understanding of employment law.
- CIPD qualified would be desirable or on a qualification track, but not essential.
- Previous law firm experience desirable
Payne Hicks Beach is a 38 partner firm of solicitors based in offices in New Square, Lincoln’s Inn. In total the firm comprises about 190 staff. The firm provides specialist legal services to private and commercial clients. We are best known for our family, litigation and private client work and are widely regarded as one of the very best of the small number of firms in the UK who provide these specialist services at the highest level. We also have an excellent reputation in many other areas of law (rated in both Chambers and Legal 500).
More information about the departments and the work of the firm may be found on our website, the address of which is www.phb.co.uk
|Salary:||To be discussed|
|Other benefits:||4x Life Assurance|
|Permanent Health Insurance|
|Medical Insurance (after 1 year qualifying period)|
|BUPA Cashplan (after 1 year qualifying period)|
|BUPA Health Assessment (after 1 year qualifying period)|
|Pension Scheme. The firms contributes to a Personal Pension Plan|
|Interest free season ticket loan after 3 months|
|Cycle to Work Scheme|