Post room Assistant
We are looking to recruit an energetic and confident individual to join the post room team.
Payne Hicks Beach is a 35 partner firm of solicitors based in offices in New Square, Lincoln’s Inn, and comprises in total about one hundred and sixty people. Our long-established firm is well-regarded as one of the very best of the small number of firms in the UK who provide specialist legal services at the highest level to private and commercial clients in London, nationally and internationally. Often lauded publicly for our family, dispute resolution and private client work, we have an excellent reputation in all disciplines and areas (rated in both Chambers and Legal 500).
More information about the departments and the work of the firm may be found on our website www.phb.co.uk
- open, distribute, collect post and internal mail at regular intervals throughout the day, the collection sheets to be signed on every visit;
- separate and frank Royal Mail Post and prepare DX post for collection at the end of the day. All DX post to be recorded on a daily basis in order to monitor usage;
- photocopy documents and plans as instructed by fee earning departments, ensuring accuracy at all times;
- deliver and collect local by hand deliveries, when required;
- order bike, small van or international couriers from the suppliers of these services;
- sign for courier deliveries and deliver items as soon as they are received, a signature to be obtained for their safe delivery in the courier book;
- deliver stationery and other items as requested by fee earning departments to all buildings;
- help with the banking run for the accounts department daily;
- check minor faults with photocopying machines (e.g. paper jams) and call an engineer if fault persists; replace toner cartridges when necessary;
- assist file room when required with collection of boxes for offsite storage;
- basic maintenance work, such as changing light bulbs or moving equipment
We are looking for a confident, enthusiastic individual, with good interpersonal skills, who can communicate with members of the firm at all levels
Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential items of mail
Reliability and attending to detail is of primary importance in this role.
Previous experience would be advantageous, but not necessary as full training will be provided
Multi-tasking is essential and we require someone who is a good team player, who is fit and able to carry heavy loads.
Knowledge of relevant security, health and safety issues in an office would be advantageous, but not necessary as training will be provided.
Good knowledge of computer applications eg Word, Internet Explorer and Windows
Ability to work on own initiative and be proactive in problem solving, especially in deciphering mail
Our offices are spread over five separate buildings within New Square so a good deal of walking and climbing stairs is a necessary part of the job A polite telephone manner and helpful attitude is required, and excellent timekeeping is essential. The Post Room operates a 37.5 hour week from 8.15am to 6.00pm, Monday to Friday. The individual will normally be expected to cover either the 9.15am to 5.45pm rota or the 9.30am to 6pm rota. On occasions it will be necessary to cover the 8.15am to 4.45pm rota as and when required. Overtime may be necessary from time to time, including at weekends.
|Other benefits:||4 x Life Assurance|
|Permanent Health Insurance|
|Medical Insurance (after 1 year qualifying period)|
|Wellbeing Scheme (after 1 year qualifying period)|
|Pension Scheme (after 1 month qualifying period). The firm contributes to a Personal Pension Plan.|
|Interest-free season ticket loan after 3 months|
|Cycle to Work Scheme|
|Holidays:||22 days holiday increasing to 25 days|