Trust and Tax Apprentice - Level 4
The Private Client Department is looking to recruit a Level 4 Trust and Tax Apprentice to assist more senior team members in the trust and tax section.
The Private Client Department is looking to recruit a Level 4 Trust and Tax Apprentice to assist more senior team members in the trust and tax section in administering our clients’ trust, tax and financial affairs and in the preparation of accounts and financial statements.
Duties and Responsibilities
General day to day duties will include:-
- Scanning legal documents onto the computer system
- Dealing with incoming post
- Posting and reconciling accounting records
- Assisting with tax computations and tax return preparation
- Producing meeting papers for client meetings
- Arranging the payment of invoices and the distribution of funds
- Assisting with more complex cases on ad hoc assignments when called upon by tax and trust managers and solicitors in the private client department
The successful candidate will be appointed a mentor and be trained by and primarily work under the supervision of various senior members of the trust and tax section.
A structured programme of tuition will be provided by an accredited training provider over a two year period. This is a Level 4 apprenticeship, with the view to studying for either the AAT or ATT. External training will be either for one day a week or on block release and be supplemented by private study, periodic assessments and on the job training.
On completion of the apprenticeship, the successful candidate will continue to be given help to develop and can go on to further training or employment.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- good academic record including 3 A-levels (BBC minimum)
- good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages e.g. Excel and Word
- excellent command of both spoken and written English and numeracy skills
- experienced IT user with intermediate Excel skills
- good administrative skills and attention to detail, and the ability to prioritise a workload
- ability to work as part of a team or on their own
- well organised and able to act with discretion when dealing with confidential information
- a good telephone manner and customer service skills
- a positive outlook, flexibility and appetite for taking on challenges
The Private Client department
The Private Client department has two sections, the legal section and the trust and tax section. These two sections work closely together on our clients' affairs so as to provide a seamless service.
The legal section comprises solicitors, legal executives and secretaries. There are currently six partners, one senior professional support lawyer, four senior associates and four associates, two chartered legal executives (specialising exclusively in probate and estate administration) and one trainee solicitor in the section.
The trust and tax section consists of fifteen qualified and unqualified trust and tax accountants and practitioners, including two chartered tax advisers, and three secretaries.
Payne Hicks Beach is a 38 partner firm of solicitors based in offices in New Square, Lincoln’s Inn, and comprises in total about 190 people. Our long-established firm is well-regarded as one of the very best of the small number of firms in the UK who provide specialist legal services at the highest level to private and commercial clients in London, nationally and internationally. Often lauded publicly for our family, dispute resolution and private client work, we have an excellent reputation in all disciplines and areas (rated in both Chambers and Legal 500).
More information about the departments and the work of the firm may be found on our website www.phb.co.uk
|Salary:||According to experience|
|Other benefits:||4x Life Assurance|
|Permanent Health Insurance|
|Medical Insurance (after 1 year qualifying period)|
|BUPA Cashplan (after 1 year qualifying period)|
|BUPA Health Assessment (after 1 year qualifying period)|
|Pension Scheme. The firms contributes to a Personal Pension Plan|
|Interest free season ticket loan after 3 months|
|Cycle to Work Scheme|
|Holiday:||22 days increasing to 25 days|