Ian is a family law specialist. He has wide experience of dealing with cases involving complex business issues, pre-nuptial agreements and international and off shore elements. Ian also regularly advises concerning child law matters and has experience of applications for leave to remove children from the jurisdiction.
Ian previously worked as a specialist family lawyer in Bermuda and in the Cayman Islands. Prior to that, he was a Partner at Mundays in Surrey.
Ian has trained as a collaborative lawyer and is a member of Resolution.
Cases of interest include:
- Grubb -v- Grubb  EWCA Civ 976 (Occupation Order under s.33(6) FLA 1996).
- H -v- S (Recognition of Overseas Divorce)  EWHC B23 (Fam) (recognition under s.46(1) FLA 1986 of a Saudi Arabian divorce (talaq) for the purposes of English divorce and connected proceedings).
- AH -v- PH (Scandinavian marriage settlement)  EWHC 3873 (Fam) (application by wife for financial remedies in circumstances where the parties had entered into a pre-nuptial agreement).
- AAZ v BBZ  EWHC 3234 (Fam) (financial remedy proceedings leading to award of over £453m to a wife).
- AAZ v BBZ & Ors  EWHC 3349 (Fam) (Judgment supplemental to case above, concerning the principles of Legal Professional Privilege).
Ian featured in the Citywealth List 2016 of Top 10 Family Lawyers with high profile child law cases.
Qualified 1992, joined Payne Hicks Beach 2008, promoted to associate 2012, partner 2014.
Back to Partners Back to Family