Nick is a specialist family lawyer who focuses on all areas of family law, including issues arising from divorce, cohabitation and the financial consequences of a relationship breakdown.
He also regularly advises on children disputes involving contact, residence and relocation (including international relocation), as well as pre and post-nuptial agreements. He works for a variety of high net worth and ultra high net worth clients on both contentious and non-contentious matters, including those with a complex international angle. He also has experience of advising clients upon the breakdown of civil partnerships and Inheritance Act claims.
Nick has been involved in a number of high profile and reported cases at both first instance and the Court of Appeal, and has been quoted in national media (The Times, Daily Mail), on family law matters.
Nick is an accredited member of Resolution.
He joined Payne Hicks Beach in 2008, qualified in 2010, was promoted to Senior Associate in June 2017 and to Partner in December 2020.
Cases of interest include:
- Appleton & Gallagher v News Group Newspapers and PA  EWHC 2689 (Fam) (client privacy and the Family Court).
- Ciccone v Ritchie (No 1)  EWHC 608 (Fam).
- Ciccone v Ritchie (No 2)  EWHC 616 (Fam).
- AAZ v BBZ  EWHC 3234 (Fam) (Financial remedy proceedings leading to award of over £453m to a wife).
- AAZ v BBZ & Ors  EWHC 3349 (Fam) (Judgment supplemental to case above, concerning the principles of Legal Professional Privilege).
- Kerman v Akhmedova  EWCA Civ 307.
- Barclay v Barclay  EWFC 40 (Financial remedy proceedings leading to award of £100m to the wife).
Awards, accolades and testimonials:
"Nick Manners is careful balanced and articulate, and can be trusted to tease out the most important and helpful elements in a client’s case." Legal 500 UK 2022
"Nick Manners is a calm voice of reason. He understands the case thoroughly." Legal 500 UK 2022
LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES
LEGAL 500 UK
NEXT GENERATION PARTNER
LEGAL 500 UK
SPEAR'S FAMILY LAW INDEX