Citizenship & Immigration
In the context of the ever-changing world of immigration, we understand the importance of staying abreast of the continual changes in immigration rules and policy.
The enormity of the decision to relocate yourself, your family or business should not be underestimated, and as such The Payne Hicks Beach Citizenship & Immigration Team offers a personalised, efficient and pragmatic approach to resolving immigration issues.
We act for a wide range of clients, including high net worth individuals, families and businesses, often working alongside other advisors, family offices and wealth managers. Able to advise on the full range of UK immigration applications, we provide services from initial entry to the UK, all the way through to British citizenship. Additionally, we are experienced in appeals and judicial review applications within the immigration context.
Timing can often be crucial in establishing a home in the UK and we are able to advise on the most expeditious solution, including fast track and VIP applications. We pride ourselves on taking a forward-thinking approach to a client's immigration matters, ensuring they are fully advised of their obligations to ensure compliance with the constantly evolving legislation.
We are able to advise on the full range of UK immigration applications including:
- Investors - High net worth individuals with £2million to invest in the UK;
- Entrepreneurs - Individuals with £200,000 to invest in establishing, joining or taking over a business in the UK;
- Representatives of Overseas Business - Overseas companies with a senior employee who will be establishing a branch or subsidiary in the UK;
- Family immigration - Applications under the rules relating to partners, children including inter-country adoption and surrogacy, and other relatives;
- Indefinite Leave to Remain and British Citizenship;
- Appeals and Complex Matters - The complexity of the current UK immigration rules has been the subject of recent judicial scrutiny and therefore we are able to advise clients in a broad range of appeals to the First-tier Tribunal (Immigration and Asylum Chamber), and to the Upper Tribunal, and also in Judicial Review applications;
- Visitors and Students;
- Visas for domestic staff;
- Sponsorship and Prevention of Illegal Working;
- Schengen visas.
The areas of the law relevant to this expertise are: Citizenship, High Net Worth Individuals - Investors, Partners & Other Family Members, Setting Up A Business - Tier 1 Entrepreneur & Representatives of Overseas Businesses, Sponsorship for Employees, Students and Parents of Children at School in the UK and Tier 1 Exceptional Talent.
Our Citizenship & Immigration Team works closely with other departments within the firm to provide a wide-ranging service to our clients, including tax, family, property, employment and dispute resolution. In particular, with our tax department, to ensure that the immigration options take into account the best tax planning strategy for our clients. We also liaise with other professional advisors such as investment managers, accountants, education consultants and property consultants to provide a comprehensive service.
PRACTITIONERS IN THIS FIELD
AWARDS AND ACCREDITATIONS
LEGAL 500 UK
CITYWEALTH MAGIC CIRCLE AWARDS
SHORTLISTED: Immigration Law Firm of the Year
STEP PRIVATE CLIENT AWARDS
Private Client Legal Team of the Year (midsize firm)
E PRIVATE CLIENT
TOP 25 LAW FIRM
SOLICITORS JOURNAL AWARDS
LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES
- Advising Vulnerable Clients
- Art and Heritage
- Citizenship & Immigration
- Contentious Trusts & Probate
- Family Offices
- Family Owned Businesses
- International Tax & Trusts
- Landed Estates & Agriculture
- Middle East
- Residence & Domicile
- Residential Property
- Tax Planning
- Trusts & Divorce
- UK Trusts
- Wills & Estate Planning