Digital marketing executive
Payne Hicks Beach is a 45 partner firm of solicitors based at 10 New Square, Lincoln’s Inn. In total the firm comprises about 200 staff. The firm provides specialist legal services to private and commercial clients. We are best known for our family and private client work and are widely regarded as one of the very best of the small number of firms in the UK who provide these specialist services at the highest level. We also have an excellent reputation in many other areas of law (rated in both Chambers and Legal 500).
Our offices are located in one of the finest squares in London, in a building which the firm has occupied since 1770.
More information about the departments and the work of the firm may be found on our website, the address of which is www.phb.co.uk
You will be reporting to the Marketing Team and assisting with related tasks and responsibilities.
As a small team we each have specialist skills, but we need to be able to support and learn from each other – we do not work in silos. So the ability to adapt and a willingness to learn about other areas of Marketing (events, PR) is also essential.
Success in this role will rely on excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to work with accuracy to strict deadlines, experience and confidence around running digital content campaigns and managing competing demands. This would appeal to someone with both qualifications and at least 2 years work experience in Digital Marketing. The most critical thing to success is an understanding and passion about Law. You will need to be able to brief senior solicitors on subject areas to write about based on search terms and insights informed through digital listening tools and a general interest in reading about and around legal subjects. Previous legal experience is not necessary, but an interest in law and public policy is essential.
Key Skills and Responsibilities:-
Supporting the Marketing Team with delivering the firm’s marketing activities:
- News Stories: ensuring any mentions of the firm and its solicitors in media is posted to the website and promoted in social media within a time sensitive period (typically within 12 hours of publication);
- Social Posts: scheduling a maximum of two social media posts per day
- Original Articles: Proactively overseeing the publishing of opinion articles written by the solicitors but informed by a brief that you research (using SEMRUSH and other insights) and generate: minimum of 4 articles per month
- Essential Guide FAQ Articles: Proactively overseeing the publishing of FAQ articles written by the solicitors but informed by a brief that you research (using SEMRUSH and other insights) and generate: minimum of 2 articles per month (this will grow to 4 per month as new Guides are introduced)
- Digital Advertising: working with a Digital Marketing Agency to support the launch and/or profile raising of any one of the Essential Guides (see above)
- Website Maintenance: constant review and improvement of functionality and performance of website including: copywriting and proofreading of digital content
- Monthly Reporting: completion of monthly score card report using Google Analytics and other tools.
Printed Content – Support to the Marketing Manager
- Liaising with the design team on creating, editing and publishing brochures, pitches and newsletters
Events – Support to the Marketing Manager
- Support in coordinating events from inception to follow up
- Attending hosted events, ensuring smooth operation and acting as an ambassador and representative of the firm
Administrative Support – Support the Team
- Performing administrative tasks and reporting as needed to ensure functionality and optimal communications on marketing activities. To include organising, scheduling, attending, minuting marketing meetings and preparation of internal reporting.
- Keeping updated relevant best practice guidance, databases, marketing lists and target list
- Providing additional marketing support activities as required by the Director of Marketing.
The Individual Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or related field preferred
- Experience in a marketing role
- Proficient in MS Office, e-marketing experience preferred
- Experience in hosting events (in-person and virtual), ideally Zoom proficient
- Experience in copywriting
- Ability to think creatively and generate new, varied and interesting content
- Ability to identify the audience and tailor communications to attract the target market
- Ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to follow instructions and work independently on projects.
- Excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- with clients.
This is a small but very energetic in-house Marketing and Communications team that is a central service across the business and has full access to the senior Partners. This team plays a key role in both the brand and business development of the firm and any successful candidate in this role will find themselves in a valued position, exposed to enormous opportunities.
To be discussed
- 4x Life Assurance
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Medical Insurance (after 1 year qualifying period)
- BUPA Cashplan (after 1 year qualifying period)
- BUPA Health Assessment (after 1 year qualifying period)
- BUPA Dental
- Auto enrolment in the firm’s Group Personal Pension Scheme (after 1 complete calendar month qualifying period).
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme and Introduction Bonus Scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan after 3 months
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Holiday Purchase
- Wellbeing Programme
How to apply