Dispute Resolution Solicitor – 3-6 PQE Solicitor
Payne Hicks Beach is a 45 partner firm of solicitors based in offices at 10 New Square, Lincoln’s Inn. In total the firm comprises about 200 staff. The firm provides specialist legal services to private and commercial clients. We are best known for our family and private client work and are widely regarded as one of the very best of the small number of firms in the UK who provide these specialist services at the highest level. We also have an excellent reputation in many other areas of law (rated in both Chambers and Legal 500).
Our offices are located in one of the finest squares in London, a building which the firm has occupied since 1770.
More information about the departments and the work of the firm may be found on our website, the address of which is www.phb.co.uk
The successful candidate must have broad range of litigation experience, with an emphasis on commercial litigation and financial services disputes. Experience of regulatory investigations and related litigation will also be sought.
Commercial and Financial Services Litigation
You will have a broad experience of disputes across all areas of business, working for both private and commercial clients. In particular, you will have experience of both contractual and tortious claims, and ideally have an interest in and experience of the financial markets.
- Flexibility – you are able to respond to new challenges and get up to speed very quickly with new factual scenarios. The great thing about this role is its breadth, you are never bored.
- Strong Research Ability – able to identify and advise on the legal position in the first instance, able to analyse complex legal and factual scenarios.
- Experience of preparing first drafts of substantive documents, such as Letters Before Action, Witness Statements, Precedent Hs etc.
- Experience of court procedure, particularly in the Commercial Court.
- Experience of drafting letters and emails to both the client and the other side.
- The role will include taking an active part in marketing and business development
- Will possess 3-6 years’ PQE.
- Strong academics.
- High quality training and experience.
- You will be ambitious, technically strong, hard working, and a good team player.
- You will be confident and sociable as well as discrete when dealing directly with clients.
- Self motivated
- Strong communication skills
- Team player
- Ability to be proactive and reactive in addressing clients’ affairs and requirements
- Ability to help build upon the firm’s existing business
- Ability to get on well with the clients who cover a broad spectrum
- Achieve minimum time targets and billing requirements
- Ability to keep abreast with changes in legislation and market developments
- A practical working knowledge of IT
- Flexibility, dedication and ambition are essential attributes
The Dispute Resolution Department
The team comprises 13 Partners, 1 Consultant, 4 Senior Associates, 8 Associates, 2 Trainees and 3 Paralegals who offer a full range of litigation services including commercial disputes, intellectual property issues, insolvency, asset/debt recovery and more. They are experienced in handling every type of commercial and residential property dispute. With niche practices in sports, education, entertainment and other dispute areas, there is a considerable depth to their expertise.
To be discussed
- 4x Life Assurance
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Medical Insurance (after 1 year qualifying period)
- BUPA Cashplan (after 1 year qualifying period)
- BUPA Health Assessment (after 1 year qualifying period)
- BUPA Dental
- Auto enrolment in the firm’s Group Personal Pension Scheme (after 1 complete calendar month qualifying period).
- Interest free season ticket loan after 3 months
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Wellbeing Programme
- Holiday Purchase
How to apply