We have considerable experience advising clients from Scandinavian countries in connection with the structuring of their affairs and on UK tax and estate planning matters generally.
Where appropriate we work together with the client’s established advisors in their home country to produce a solution which works in both jurisdictions.
Our expertise includes advising on all UK aspects of:
- the preparation of tax-efficient Wills to take account of any foreign succession or matrimonial property law issues and all estate planning aspects
- residence and domicile and tax planning for non-residents and non-domiciliaries on the remittance basis of taxation and how to invest tax efficiently into the UK
- the taxation of income, capital gains and inheritances
- the taxation implications of coming to and leaving the UK and mitigation steps that can be taken in relation to the structuring of a client’s assets
- the establishment of onshore and offshore trusts and the taxation implications for beneficiaries and settlors
- succession planning issues, particularly in relation to family companies
- the establishment of private charities and the availability of the various charity taxation reliefs
- probate, estate administration and post-death tax planning for the heirs
- the purchase of UK real estate and how this should best be structured
If you would like advice on any of these areas please contact Freddie Bjørn.
The firm is able to offer a full service to its private clients and can provide advice as required in connection with divorce and pre-nuptial agreements, employment law and the purchase and sale of property. The firm also has a team dealing with the resolution of disputes, one of whom, Ane Vernon, is a Danish speaker.
Payne Hicks Beach’s private client team is ranked in Chambers HNW 2021. Quotes include, “they’re always very efficient, they give good advice and they are easy to deal with…their advice is clear, objective and understandable.” A source says, “you can tell that they care about their clients by looking at the quality of their work product…they take the time to address all questions to make sure everyone at the table understands what is going on. They go above and beyond. They’re a fantastic firm.”