International Tax & Trusts
"Payne Hicks Beach has a very strong reputation in this field - the firm is what a top-end private client firm should be - they are a class act - they are creative in thinking of alternative approaches, very responsive and professional" Chambers HNW
Individuals and bodies with complex international investment and business interests want to be sure of obtaining the best legal advice, which combines excellent technical expertise with up to date understanding of current tax planning strategies.
We act for a substantial number of non-UK resident or domiciled individuals in addition to our UK based clients. We also act for offshore trust companies and provide advice on structures and tax implications in many jurisdictions, co-ordinating effectively with advisers outside the UK.
We give clear and practical advice on:
- Residence and domicile and tax planning for non-residents or non-domiciliaries
- International tax treaties, in respect of tax residence and liability to taxation of income, capital gains and inheritances
- UK legal and tax issues facing trustees and beneficiaries of overseas trusts
- The implications for investors or businessmen coming into the UK or doing business in the UK
- Tax issues on leaving the UK
- Complex international business issues.
We can also introduce suitable offshore trustees.
Payne Hicks Beach’s private client team is ranked in Chambers HNW 2021. Quotes include, “they're always very efficient, they give good advice and they are easy to deal with…their advice is clear, objective and understandable." A source says, "you can tell that they care about their clients by looking at the quality of their work product…they take the time to address all questions to make sure everyone at the table understands what is going on. They go above and beyond. They're a fantastic firm."
PRACTITIONERS IN THIS FIELD
AWARDS AND ACCREDITATIONS
LEGAL 500 UK
TOP LAW FIRM
SOLICITORS JOURNAL AWARDS
STEP Private Client Awards
Private Client Legal Team of the Year (midsize firm)
LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES
- Advising Vulnerable Clients
- Art and Heritage
- Citizenship & Immigration
- Contentious Trusts & Probate
- Family Offices
- Family Owned Businesses
- International Tax & Trusts
- Landed Estates & Agriculture
- Middle East
- Residence & Domicile
- Residential Property
- Tax Planning
- Trusts & Divorce
- UK Trusts
- Wills & Estate Planning