Offshore Trusts, Residence & Domicile
Most of this department’s work now involves advice to non-UK resident or non-UK domiciled individuals, which includes advising their offshore trustees.
We enable offshore trust companies to navigate their many professional and compliance obligations.
We have strong relationships with fiduciaries and trust service providers in many different jurisdictions, co-ordinating effectively with advisers outside the UK so that the offering to settlors and beneficiaries alike is seamless.
We give clear and practical advice on:
- Residence and domicile advice and tax planning for non-domiciliaries
- Pre-immigration reviews and structuring advice to those considering coming to the UK
- Tax reviews, structuring and distributing advice for non-domiciled persons already resident in the UK
- Inheritance tax planning for long term UK resident non-domiciled persons and for UK property
- UK legal and tax issues facing trustees and beneficiaries of overseas trusts
- UK compliance services for offshore trustees, beneficial owners and controlling persons
- The fiduciary duties and obligations of trustees, including those under attack from beneficiaries
Payne Hicks Beach’s private client team is ranked in Chambers HNW 2021.