International Protection and exceptional cases
In an increasingly geo-politically unstable world, high-net worth individuals and their families often find themselves needing to migrate from their home country at short notice. Often there will be a more straight forward immigration category for such individuals to move to the UK, such as the Tier 1 (Investor) visa or a second economic citizenship programme, but sometimes these routes are inaccessible. In such circumstances an application for political asylum (or for another protected characteristic) might be the most appropriate route for someone to settle in the UK. The team at Payne Hicks Beach are leaders in their field. We understand politics and diplomacy at the highest levels and are able to translate complex situations on the ground into a legal application to the Home Office or court if needs be. We have extensive networks within strategic communications, lobbying and business intelligence firms whom we work with where required.
We also have experience of working within exceptional circumstances and preparing applications regarding the removal of an individual's British citizenship by the Home Office, those detained abroad in breach of their human rights (thereby prevented access to the UK), and individuals who have been defamed and the negative impact on their reputation is impacting their immigration status.
PRACTITIONERS IN THIS FIELDBack to Citizenship & Immigration
- Corporate Immigration - Sponsorship for Employers
- Corporate raiding and international protection
- EU Nationals and Family Members
- High Net Worth Individuals - Investors
- Human rights, judicial review and removal
- International Protection and exceptional cases
- Partners & Other Family Members
- Setting Up A Business - Start Ups, Innovators & Representatives of Overseas Businesses
- Students and Parents of Children at School in the UK
- Tier 1 Exceptional Talent