The French community is becoming more and more a prominent part of the London scene. Many of the bankers and other financial advisers in the City are French nationals and many French nationals are moving from France to London for tax and other reasons.
Payne Hicks Beach is well used to guiding French nationals along the property buying process in England and Wales.
Our expertise includes advising on:
- buying and selling high value residential property in London either for investment, redevelopment or personal use
- investment in commercial real estate
- advising on tax efficient ownership structures for property acquisitions
- property management issues including service charge disputes, planning issues, and neighbour disputes
- extending your lease or buying the freehold
- the UK residence rules
- tax and estate planning for non-UK domiciliaries including advice on the remittance basis of taxation and how to invest tax efficiently in the UK
If you would like any advice on these areas please contact Robert Brodrick.
Payne Hicks Beach is ranked in Chambers HNW 2021.
Quotes commending the private client team include, “they’re always very efficient, they give good advice and they are easy to deal with…their advice is clear, objective and understandable.” A source says, “you can tell that they care about their clients by looking at the quality of their work product…they take the time to address all questions to make sure everyone at the table understands what is going on. They go above and beyond. They’re a fantastic firm.”
Quotes highlighting the property team as a leaders in its field are, “the property team are incredible…an amazing firm, very experienced and highly professional…their advice is clear, objective and understandable.”