Call us on +44 (0)20 7465 4300

Education Immigration

We work with both educational institutions and students and their parents to secure the most appropriate immigration status for them.

"Payne Hicks Beach’s citizenship and immigration department is always client-focused and is commercially oriented to deliver the best possible results" The Legal 500 UK

A student must be accepted at a school that is licensed by the UK Visas and Immigration Department and must meet strict entry criteria in relation to the course, English language ability (for those over 18), and finances.

A child under the age of 12 can be accompanied to the UK by a parent under the Parent of a Child at School category. The parent must not intend to make the UK their main home and only one parent can come to the UK under this category. Rather surprisingly, beyond the age of 12 and up to 16 a child on a student visa can no longer live with their parent even if the parent holds a long term UK immigration status. They must either be at boarding school or cared for by a relative (not including a parent) or in a foster care arrangement.

These restrictions may mean that in some cases the parents need to look to alternative immigration categories to remain in the UK for themselves and their children, and we are able to advise on the full range of options.


For additional information, you may find the following useful:

Is the UK still a top destination for international students in 2021?

Our Education services for Students, Schools & Higher Education


"Kathryn Bradbury is hailed as the best immigration lawyer in London" Chambers HNW 2021