Probate Solicitors, Estate & Trust Administration
Wills form a central part of many clients’ estate planning. Our advice in this area extends well beyond the document itself.
Clients often wish to review their affairs when considering a will and are concerned to ensure proper management of their assets to support them during their lifetime as well as making provision for their chosen beneficiaries after death.
Our work includes:
- Wills and inheritance and succession matters, including lifetime planning to mitigate taxation on death
- Foreign matrimonial property and succession laws, in the context of purchasing overseas property and estate planning generally
- Review of life policy and pension scheme death in service benefits to ensure tax efficiency
- Advice on all types of powers of attorney and advance medical directives (“living wills”)
- Applications to the Court of Protection for statutory wills for incapacitated persons or for permission for attorneys to undertake lifetime planning on their behalf.
Payne Hicks Beach’s private client team is ranked in Chambers HNW 2021. Quotes include, “they’re always very efficient, they give good advice and they are easy to deal with…their advice is clear, objective and understandable.” A source says, “you can tell that they care about their clients by looking at the quality of their work product…they take the time to address all questions to make sure everyone at the table understands what is going on. They go above and beyond. They’re a fantastic firm.”